Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

2007 isuzu nqr is leaking from power steering reservoir and…

Customer Question
2007 isuzu nqr is...

2007 isuzu nqr is leaking from power steering reservoir and is getting empty on the brake system reservoir, they change the pump with 4 lines and works fine for 2 weeks then start leaking from power steering reservoir and the light from brake buster is on, please any advise?

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your truck? Engine type?

Isuzu 2007 nqr 4 cyliders

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the truck mechanic to know before I connect you?

Maybe he can recommend a good mechanic for isuzus in my zip code 92234

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
9/29/2017
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 10 months ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. If the pump is new and you have leaks now that are not from the lines or hoses ( check for leaking lines and hoses/defective) then it is possible the booster is causing the leakage and has failed. Check for smooth operation of the steering in both directions. Let me know the results and if we need to dig deeper.

Don't see any leaks from any lines and the booster was change for used buster from busbee's truck parts, did a need a new buster? If the buster is bad and causing the leakage why is leaking from power steering reservoir? Thanks for answering
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 10 months ago

Where on the reservoir is it leaking? are there any unusual noises or other symptoms with the steering? Is it possible it was overfilled?

Is leaking from the cap, in the morning we fill out the brake buster reservoir with 1 qt of Dexron 3 fluid and by the end of the day is empty from leaking from the power steering reservoir, no noise
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 10 months ago

That sounds like the brake booster is leaking... Check to see if the brake fluid is leaking from the master cylinder into the brake booster by unbolting it from the boosted and looking for leaks in between.

Ok I will do that, and do you have the diagrams?
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 10 months ago

Which diagrams are you referring too? Diagrams that contain what information? I have to leave for a while for an appointment but will be back in a few hours for follow ups.