Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have a 98 freightliner with it Eaton autoshift manual and…

Customer Question
I have a 98 freightliner...
I have a 98 freightliner with it Eaton autoshift manual and it has the flashing service light in is stuck in 10th gear there is a code on the dash that reads power supply short low and then 130 168 04 any ideas?
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
9/29/2017
Technician: roybelding, Shop Foreman Freightliner trucks replied 10 months ago
roybelding
roybelding, Shop Foreman Freightliner trucks

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

I attached a picture of the power supplies to the X/Y shifter, check them to be sure there is power to the module.

the most common issue is the X/Y shifter or harness. the fact it is stuck in 10th concersn me. it may also be an internal issue in the trans.

do you have any air leaks???

Roy

No air leaks that I can fine. I checked the 12 pin connector going into the ECU for voltage I read that on a website and pins 1 A,B there are no volts on that with the key on. Where is this 21 pin connector located?

on top of the trans itself

please take a moment and rate my service 3 stars or better. it is the only way the site will pay me for my efforts.

Roy

do you need any other help

any update???

I googled a troubleshooting flowchart and followed the process through it and found where I was not receiving power supply voltage. I jumped 12 V to that leg and it started working. I will get a more permanent fix once I get back home.

the diagram I sent you had that info on pin 21 coming from the battery.

Roy

The power supply issue was on the 12 pin connector not the 21 pin connector

which 12 pin connector were you at???

Please, no more communication

sounds good to me