Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

Changed air compressor water passed by where timing gears…

Customer Question
Changed air compressor water...

Changed air compressor water passed by where timing gears connect to compressor, took off compressor again! The gasket might have been bent . Water went in oil and out the exhaust .what do you think I did wrong.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

I'm building a 1949 peterbilt but the engine a 350 cummins small cam recondition that all iknow

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

That about it, thank you richard

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
9/27/2017
Technician: Wayne, Journeyman replied 10 months ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

I am not sure you did anything wrong...........

I believe the compressor is the issue

I suggest to exchange for Warranty

Compressor is a straight forward replacement

I hope this helps you

Hi. If this helped you

Please rate my answer 4 or more stars.

That is the only way I get credit for the question

or the money you paid stays at JA and I get nothing for my time.

If you need more info use the REPLY button

Not the Poor/Bad service.

Morning

Just following up with you

did my answer help you ??

Please remember to rate my answer

or the money you paid stays at JA

and I get nothing for my time

Ordered new compressor , I will let you know .it might be a week or so before it gets here,thank you Richard

HI

You are welcome

Please remember to rate my answer so I get credit for the answer

Morning

Just checking in ,how did it go

did you get compressor