Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

No start on my 2005 pete and no power to my trans contoller.

Customer Question
No start on my...

No start on my 2005 pete and no power to my trans contoller

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Pete 335 vin # 880219

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes and had the ecu tested and it was good checked all battery connections which are good

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

Getting power on the ground side of the starter relay on the fire wall

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
9/27/2017
Technician: Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician replied 10 months ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience: ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Do you have the full VIN of the Pete so I can pull up the diagram and see if the trans controller is fed from the relays? As long as you have no power to the trans ECU, it will not start. Safety feature of the vehicle.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

2NPLLZ9X55M880219

It does feed from the start enable relay. P3. However, I am showing the main power feed is done from the cab feed through.

CLICK HERE for the diagram that is available.

I would check the relay and make sure the relay isn't acting up. It will be with the other relays at the driver foot well.

I'm sorry, but I can't do a phone cal at my location at the moment.

MY SERVER AT MY SHOP WILL NOT LET ME LOOK AT THIS DIAGRAM

It's the only diagram I have and it is working just fine on my end.

I will opt out for someone that might have a better way to send it than I do.

There is a ground wire where the Neutral relay is your play ground you that everything lights up and starts up
I found it was a bad ground on battery side thanks