Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have a 1991 GMC bucket truck with duralift bucket. It will…

Customer Question
I have a...

I have a 1991 GMC bucket truck with duralift bucket. It will no longer store. What are the likely causes.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Will have to get back to you as I don't have info readily available

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

I wanted tp try to fax myself as no dealers are within 100 miles of my home -- basically just followed normal; stow/unstow procedure. It appears the the bucket position is overextended in stowed position.i

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

Hydraulic oil level appears normal -- no signs of leaks or malfunctions in normal operations.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Thank you. -- I agree that's why I wanted to get some expert input

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
9/27/2017
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 10 months ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. We can follow up as needed on here. Im not an employee of the site so there may be times Im on the road but will always respond back on my next login. What is the full model and serial number of the bucket? Can you also upload pictures to show its current rest position?