Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

Scania night heater on works some times

Customer Question
Scania night heater on works some times
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
9/25/2017
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 10 months ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. What is the chassis year and model? Also VIN if you have it? Please provide more details on the problem you are having.

I'll have to get details tomorow it's an 08 r460 scania the problem is night heater come in of a day and turn on night heater and it's works perfect try it again every morning for a week or more just pours out white smoke but doesn't get warm press it at random on another day and it works perfect
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 10 months ago

Thanks for the update. I would check the wiring and connector pins for any shorts, corrosion and damage to the heater and for any debris etc in the heater itself. Sounds like you may begetting some unusual smells if there is smoke? Electrical burning smell etc?

The smoke is coming out the exhaust like it's trying to start burning but doesn't ignite some times then it just works for some reason
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 10 months ago

What do you have for fault codes? If it wont regen there should be codes to why.

I'll have to check with laptop only comes up as error
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 10 months ago

Okay let me know.

Hi is there any way of getting the faults for night heater on the lorry itself or have I to plug in laptop didn't get time too do it yet hence the slow reply
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 10 months ago

Reading fault codes
D1LC
Under normal operation the display will switch
between HEAT and showing the time. If a fault
should occur, the fault code is not displayed
automatically.
1 Connect a spring-loaded switch to control
unit connection B, between pins 9 and 11.

2 The control unit is located by the heater
under the centre panel at the rear wall.
3 Close the switch for at least 2 seconds and
then release it.
4 Read the fault code from the operation unit
display.
Up to 5 fault codes can be registered and stored
but only one can be displayed at a time.
If multiple fault codes should arise, the first fault
code must be rectified before the next is
displayed

1 Connection B.
2 Switch

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 10 months ago

Click above. The CCT unit can be used to access codes and a switched jumper as shown in the link. Please take a moment to rate my service as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site. If interested I posted an offer for the manual to help as well. Just let me know if accepted so I know to post the link on my next login.

Sorry my controll box is different it's the long narrow one 9 small buttons one lone one to turn it on
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 10 months ago

Thanks for the update. Im going to pass this on to others as that is all the info I have on this. Sorry I could not be more help