Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have 07 freightliner with no blower in sleeper changed…

Customer Question
I have 07 freightliner...

I have 07 freightliner with no blower in sleeper changed rear controller and blower still no blower

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

1FUJA6CK45LU38732

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Rear cooler control & blower asm.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/22/2017
Technician: roybelding, Shop Foreman Freightliner trucks replied 10 months ago
roybelding
roybelding, Shop Foreman Freightliner trucks

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

how about to the fan switch??

Power at switch and at blower no signal to energize blower

if you have power at the blower, it is ground controlled.

Ground at blower 1.2 from controller what is missing

ground should read 0 volts. 1.2 is a bad ground

It has a stepper assembly on blower that requires ground and low reference and power

and it is controlled by the hvac unit itself

that was replaced along with blower

ok, then you have a wiring issue. you will need to load test each circuit to verify there is no internal damage

Roy

ok we checked the harness from blower switch to controller no breaks and from controller to blower asm. harness, everything is ok what is locking the blower operation?

did you ohm out all the wires?? load test the wires as well?? the 1.2 volts on the ground side of the blower indicates a voltage drop.