Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

05 Topkick. Glow plugs come on for a split second only. Not…

Customer Question
05 Topkick. Glow plugs...

05 Topkick. Glow plugs come on for a split second only . Not long enough to warm engine even in moderate temp. Changed the relay , glow plugs are new. Unhooked the temp sensor. Nothing.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

4500. 1gde4e1265f507606

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

3 different shops have taken a try at it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

It's like the computer thinks it is warm outside. If you plug the vehicle in it starts immediately

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/22/2017
Technician: Wayne, Journeyman replied 10 months ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

did you replace the temp sensor, reason I ask

if you unplug it, cuts the circuit, and they will not work