Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I HAVE A 2007 FORD F45O THAT I HAVE INSTALLED A 5.9 CUMMINS…

Customer Question
I HAVE A 2007...

I HAVE A 2007 FORD F45O THAT I HAVE INSTALLED A 5.9 CUMMINS ENGINE IN. WHAT IS MAX. ANGLE ALLOWABLE THAT ENGINE CAN BE MOUNTED TO ALIGN PROPERLY WITH DIFFERENTIAL?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

FORD 2007 F 450 CREW CAB

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

YES I AM WITH A MECHANIC TO DO THE WORK. I AM IN THE PROCESS OF MOUNTING ENGINE IN FRAME.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

THIS IS A 4X4 & I AM USEING A DODGE 47H AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION & TRANSFER CASE

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
9/20/2017
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 10 months ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Let me see what I have for specs on that for you.

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 10 months ago

No more then 7 degrees per Cummins. Most commonly is 3-5 but set at what is best for your driveline angles withing those guidelines