Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

First time user, I have a Deere 310 and I'd like to know…

Customer Question
Hi first time user ...

Hi first time user

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

I have a Deere 310 and I'd like to know more about the maintenance intervals and fluid needs

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. doing some research now prior to changing anything

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

Don't think so

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
9/20/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 11 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Older 310? Deere Hytrans fluid in the transmission, hydraulic system, engine oil needs to be 15W40 Diesel Engine oil and filter every 250 hours. Hydraulics need to be serviced once a year or every 1000 hours.

Thanks, ***** ***** number is ***** and I live in Canada. Do you have any cold weather fluid recommendations? Also when I'm running the machine, I notice the boom is much slower then the stick and I'm having a real hard time hold grade. What should I do, what hydraulic system checks can I do?
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 10 months ago

Speed of the functions is how much fluid is going to it. Volume is speed. Is the valve spool moving full travel on the boom valve section? i would check the Ebay link below, and order a manual.

I had a look at the e-bay site but they don't have the 310SK manual specific to this machine. Can you offer any specifics for where to test. I don't think the hydraulics are pilot operated, are they? Also, what did you think about cold weather fluids?

310SK is newer model. You had said 310, which is 20 year older machine. I will opt out, and let someone younger than I , answer on newer models, not my forte! Sorry.

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 10 months ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Give me some time to look this up for you and respond back.

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 10 months ago

If all hydraulics are slow look for fine metal/debri in the filter indicating a pump or component issue. IF isolated to one or two functions, check the relief valves and control valve banks for those functions. Let me know