Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

Removed injecton pump,how do I reinstall, tryed put in same…

Customer Question
Removed injecton pump,how do...

Removed injecton pump,how do I reinstall, tryed put in same it came out but , does not start must be off timimng now,

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your truck? Engine type?

Mack / RS600L / 1979 / ETAY 673A

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your truck yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, tried getting 20 degree BTC on harmonic balance, then turning injection pump where it squirts on number which is first one out at front of engine. then cranking.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the truck mechanic to know before I connect you?

That is about it.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
9/19/2017
Technician: spankyjr1, Journeyman replied 8 months ago
spankyjr1
spankyjr1, Journeyman

Hi, my name is ***** ***** for your question.I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Sounds as if you are doing it correctly but you are on wrong stroke of #1 cylinder.

Remove valve cover so you can see valves/rockers for #1 cylinder and line up marks where you installed pump,

if both rocker levers are tight pump is 180 degrees off.

Remove pump, turn engine over 1 full turn, reinstall pump and it should fire right up

You could also just remove pump in any location and turn engine over 1 full turn and reinstall pump.

Make sure to turn exactly 1 full turn

Also make sure shutdown solenoid is getting power with key on and during cranking just to be sure if you had no smoke while trying to start.

Any problems let me know I'm happy to assist!
Please use the star rating system at top of page so I get credit from the web site for my time,
You may still ask follow up questions at no extra charge after rating.
Thank you

Technician: spankyjr1, Journeyman replied 7 months ago

**********Please don’t forget to rate or accept the answer in a positive way, .**********
EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****
Thank You

spankyjr1
spankyjr1
spankyjr1, Journeyman