Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technician turned service manager on multiple lines of trucks and engines, used in industry.
30244710

Not a truck, on a boat. 471-TI. Fly Bridge oil press gauge

Not a truck, on a boat. 471-TI. Fly Bridge oil press gauge reads low 10-15 psi while direct read engineroom gauge reads 20-25. What wiring problem might make the electric gauge read low?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Truck Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: Thanks
JA: Are you fixing your truck yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have only just noted the discrepancy. I thought this engine was running extremely low oil pressure but doing other work Ijnoticed the direct read gauge showed itvwas fine. I'll start looking for problem tomorrow.
JA: Anything else you want the truck mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER heavy equipment. With years of experience, I look forward to doing my best to help.

Gage is electric, so the sending unit can give false reading, or the wiring between the sender and gage may be corroded, and signal is not reaching age with full signal voltage. Or gage is inaccurate. Run jumper wire direct from sender to gage as a test.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I will do this.
Just a note on my previous problem it was bad bearings in the turbo. Thanks.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No thank you. Your idea running a jumper is an excellent start.

Thank you!