Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have what I think is the transmission pressure light

Customer Question
I have what I...

I have what I think is the transmission pressure light coming on on my galion 830B motorgrader. when it comes on the machine stops like I put it in neutral. I shift to neutral and a few seconds light goes off an it shifts fine. what do I do?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Galion 830B G380030U203384

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

Dont' know

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
9/18/2017
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 11 months ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Check the oil level and condition for discoloration and burnt smell. Also drain the transmission ans check the suction screen and the filter for metal/debris that would confirm an internal mechanical problem occurring. If found the transmission is in need of disassembly ans rebuild. If clean then the next step is to have the p[ressures checked and confirmed if they are in OEM specs and if not whether it is a control valve issue, internal leakage, or a pump problem, etc. Let me know the results and if we need to dig deeper into this