Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have Truck Repair Questions? Ask an Expert

Medium and Heavy Trucks

Heya jeremy.. you have helped me in the past.. so here i go…

heya jeremy.. you have helped...
heya jeremy.. you have helped me in the past.. so here i go again. 2012 t-660. last 6 on the vin 324354. esn 79512277. xmsn code pid 190 fmi 5. xmsn code 005052 fmi 5. the 190 code is that the cam/crank position sensor? and i am not coming up with any diag for the 005052 fmi 5 code. any help would be appreciated.
9/18/2017
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience: ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Yes, the 190 is the engine speed sensor.

I can't lookup on the new system with last 6 of VIN on Paccar anymore. I'm presuming this has the Eaton Autoshift transmission! The 5052 is for that. It is ECA Speed sensor. Go to this CLICK HERE and refer to page 282 (on sheets) or type in 287 (if using adobe reader).

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
thanks.. it has a cummins isx. the paccar was probably from a previous question i asked. thanks for the link. i will get into soon. the truck is not in the yard yet.. still on the road. thanks again.

I didn't mean to misunderstand. Paccar is who makes the truck and the site is now done through them. They are discontinuing the separate kenworth, peterbilt, DAF websites and joining them under one. They are doing similar to what Freightliner did by putting all the site in one umbrella.

welll that should make it easy maybe.. thanks again.. looking at the eaton diag site that you sent me..

For shops it will be easier, but the info is more hidden to those outside their "dealer network."

Jeremy
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician