go-west..
go-west.., Technician
Experience:  Technican with 20 years experience focused on engines and electrical.
35815791

My Dynamax dynaquest 302ST RV is built on a 2010

My Dynamax dynaquest 302ST RV is built on a 2010 Freightliner M2 106 chassis. I noticed a puddle of power steering fluid on the concrete pad below the reservoir. It appears to be leaking from the hose that runs from the reservoir to the trw unit. Do I need a special Freightliner hose? What kind of power steering fluid do I need to replace any I lose while replacing the hose?
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: 2010 Freightliner M2 106
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: vin 1fvacwdt0bhaw4621 with a cummins ISB6.7 - 325 engine number 73079827
Good evening
Yes sir you do
Be sure you use proper power steering suction hose, you don't need to get from Freightliner, but make sure you ask for the proper stuff.
Let me know if you have any other questions.
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Do you have a parts diagram for the power steering system that shows this hose?
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
My leak is occurring at the upper end of the purple hose near hose clamp #6 - is there a part number or name for this hose?
Power steering suction line from resivor to pump.
Can buy in a section and cut to fit
Make sure clamps are replaced as wellUnable to get part number
But if you go to Freightliner, they will have it,
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
We are 120 miles from Freightliner - can I source the proper hose from an auto parts store?
Absolutely
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
What power steering fluid does Freightliner use? I assume I'll lose a couple of qts draining the reservoir.
Have a look at the color, if it's red then automatic transmission fluid or atf, if not then 15w 40 oil,
Good evening I see the question is still open Do you have any other questions?