Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

My 544k loader won't move like the lock is malfunctioning.

Customer Question
My 544k loader won't...

My 544k loader won't move like the lock is malfunctioning. The rest of the machine will move. Where's the lock out sylinoid?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

544khhbo636005

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. It has done this 3 times in the last 2 weeks. It will eventually go to work. I

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
9/17/2017
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 11 months ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Once the park brake is released it will enable the transmission to shift. Check that the parking brake is releasing properly,If so test power in and out of the shift controller in each gear position. Check power on both sides of the fuses with the key on and replace any with power only on one side of the fuses. Check all your relays as well by switching with a known good one. To help with component locations click on this link to access the parts catalog. Type the model and use the sectional index.

Parts

Im heading out with family for the evening but will respond back to any follow ups on my next available login. We can follow up as needed