Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

Where is the small fuel filter located on a NHC 250 fuel…

Customer Question
Where is the small...

Where is the small fuel filter located on a NHC 250 fuel pump? Engine is in a 1978 M817 5 ton dump truck.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Will get back to you. Thanks.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Changed canister pre-filters located on chassis frame below drivers side door. No fuel to injectors. Pump may be bad but want to change small filter in the pump if it has one first.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
9/17/2017
Technician: Wayne, Journeyman replied 11 months ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

that has the 250 Hp Cummins engine

there is no filter in the pump, sounds like your

pump has failed

I hope this helps you

Hi. If this helped you

Please rate my answer 4 or more stars.

That is the only way I get credit for the question

or the money you paid stays at JA and I get nothing for my time.

If you need more info use the REPLY button

Not the Poor/Bad service.

HI

I stand corrected ,

Top of pump under the slotted cap

Hi. If this helped you

Please rate my answer 4 or more stars.

Not the Poor/Bad service.

Morning Just following up with you did my answer help you ?? Please remember to rate my answer or the money you paid stays at JA and I get nothing for my time Wayne