Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have a 1995 Freightliner COE With a series 60 DDEC 3. I am…

HI. I have a 1995...
HI. I have a 1995 Freightliner COE With a series 60 DDEC 3. I am trying to increase the cruise speed setting. It seems to have me capped at 68 MPH. I have a similar truck here but a 96 DDEC 3 and it is set at 106MPH. I think I am missing something? Are or is there another Value I need to increase in order to be able to set this any higher?
9/17/2017
roybelding
roybelding, Shop Foreman Freightliner trucks

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

are you using the DDDL program to make the setting changes???

Roy

did you get to the area for changing the cruise speed???

after you changed it, did it ask for a password ***** the ecm???

I have the password. Speed was set at 65 and I got it to 68 pressed Transmit and it went through. I cant get it any higher though?
Im thinking there is another screen and another setting that has to be increased in order for this to go higher?

someone put that limit on the speed. that is in the calibration. you would need to have the calibration software updated so you can increase it to what you want

Roy

Hmmm? OK Thanks

your welcome

Please take a moment and rate my service 5 stars so the site will pay me for my efforts. We only get paid when you accept our answers

Roy

roybelding

thank you