Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

UD 2004 PKC212, non start no pluse from crank sensor or cam…

Customer Question
UD 2004 PKC212, non start...
UD 2004 PKC212, non start no pluse from crank sensor or cam sensor. how do I get pulse from these sensors.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
9/16/2017
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 11 months ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi my name is***** occurs when the sensor ( a good sensor) reads gear position and motion to create the pulse. If whether the sensor, wiring, or failure to read the gear from damage or an air gap issue, there will be no pulse. Possible failed sensor or wiring. If okay check for the sensor not being able to read engine rotation. Let me know

Thank you for reply.
New sensors from dealer fitted to vehicle. Sensors are three wire type but no dc voltage to any wires.
Where do these sensors get voltage from?
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 11 months ago

The ECM is the only sensor supply signal and return signal. What is the complete engine make/model from the engine ID tag?

Engine code FE6TC-21. 2004 UD manual transmission.
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 11 months ago

What are the fault codes logged? I may have a troubleshooting tree to help

This vehicle has old Nissan 9pin connector and I cannot get my scan tool (Jaltest & Launch) to extract fault codes.
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 11 months ago

You should be able to access flash codes using the diagnostic switch and counting the flashed of the light. To clear codes once you got them:

Nissan UD Diesel: Clearing Diagnostic Trouble Codes

MID-TICS System

1. Release diagnostic switch.

2. Turn ignition On.

3. Check that Overheat Warning Lamp is displaying Diagnostic Display Code.

4. Connect memory clear connector(###) ###-####09, or a suitable jumper wire to reset switch terminals. The reset switch is located behind the electrical unit board.

5. Check that Overheat Warning Lamp and Buzzer display shows Diagnostic Display Code 0-1. The System memory will be cleared in approximately 10 seconds.

6. Remove connector or jumper wire from reset switch electrical connector.

7. Connect electrical connector to reset switch.

8. Turn ignition Off.

9. Turn ignition On, then observe Overheat Warning Lamp and Buzzer. Diagnostic Display Code 0-1 should be indicated.

I have done as advised with no success, light flashes all the time when ignition on.
Can you please send a wiring diagram or ecu pinout if possible.
Regards,
Andre.
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 10 months ago

I looked through my files and do not have the ECM pinout for this one. Im going to opt out and pass this along to others.