Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have a CAT 226B, the parking brake releases then we drive…

Customer Question
I have a CAT...

I have a CAT 226B, the parking brake releases then we drive it about 15-30' then locks up again. There no flashing lights on the dash. Where do I start looking? Jim

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

CAT0226BCMJH01223

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Called the cat dealer back home. At first I thought was the seat sensor, he said if there was no flashing light on the dash then check the relays on the left side of the engine compartment. There are 6 relays mounted on the wall and no labels where do you start? Yes, I would love to fix this myself. We are new to Texas and the mechanics we have found so far need to find a "round toit". The nerast cat dealer is about 3 hours away.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't know now what else he needs to know.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/15/2017
Technician: cat_engines_only, Other replied 11 months ago
cat_engines_only

Follow this flowchart and let me know where it leads you. This may help narrow down the possible issues.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8Gc4s_tr2LzRUVRSzhpRnAzX0E