Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I am working on a peterbilt model 386 year 2010. Problem Im

Customer Question

I am working on a peterbilt model 386 year 2010. Problem Im having is the dash cluster is completely dead. No lights or guages. nothing. Here is what ive done so far. I checked power at the plug. I have 12.5volts and good ground. I plugged in a good used dash and have same result. I tried another engine ecm.same result. I removed plugs at firewall and cleaned. I checked fuses.
I have a purple and orange wire on the same plug on dash. Not sure what there for. A wiring diagram would help.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Check the wiring harness to the cluster and do a wiggle test on it to check for any loose connections or damage that might cause a loss of power and grounds to the cluster. Test with a volt meter for voltage and ground to the cluster.

I see you have confirmed the power and ground and have tried another cluster. Check for a low voltage disconnect that could have tripped disabling the accessories in the cab. Is it only the dash that is out?

I have some diagrams I can help with once there are two responses from you on this thread. Let me know

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
only the dash is out. Where is low voltage disconnect? I did a wiggle test and couldnt find any issues. The dash will not even light up. I took a bulb and connected it to the power ground wires and bulb lights up. There are a purple and orange wire. Not sure what there for. And 1939 datalink. Thats all on same plug to dash. Only other plug to dash is for guages

Also click below

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks. Do you have diagram that shows where pin 4 comes from on the diagram for instrument cluster?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
How similarl is this to the model im working on??

Very similar... It's the same class truck as 379 as far as the electrical, etc

Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 17 days ago.

Hi, Did you get this resolved?If so, Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.