Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I need to remove the front panel from a k200 to replace it

Customer Question

I need to remove the front panel from a k200 to replace it with another panel. Is it just a matter of removing the rivets or is there more behind it?
JA: What's the make/model/year of your truck? Engine type?
Customer: Kenworth 2016 k200
JA: Are you fixing your truck yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: trying to. I have a new panel and haven't done anything yet. all i can see on the outside is that it is attached with rivets
JA: Anything else you want the truck mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, just need to know how to remove the front side panel so I can put the new one on
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is***** panels are attached by the rivets. You should be fine removing the rivets to replace your panel. Please post a picture of the panel you are replacing if you need more help with this.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Dan,
I will get some photos of the truck and send them through tomorrow is that okay?

Sure. no rush. We can follow up as needed.

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Hi Dan,
Sorry for the delay in replying. please see photos attached. Are you able to please advise the rivet size as they some are different from others?
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 30 days ago.

Thanks for the photos. You will want to jack the cab up in the service position for easier access to behind the panel to disconnect the headlight wiring and access any other support brackets, etc. How complete is the replacement panel? I am assuming you need to swap over all this to the new one once installed. I do not know the rivet size off the top of my head unfortunately but you should be able to match them up pretty easily.

Click this link

Fasteners