Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I need to remove the front panel from a k200 to replace it…

Customer Question
I need to remove...

I need to remove the front panel from a k200 to replace it with another panel. Is it just a matter of removing the rivets or is there more behind it?

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your truck? Engine type?

Kenworth 2016 k200

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your truck yourself? What have you tried so far?

Trying to. I have a new panel and haven't done anything yet. all i can see on the outside is that it is attached with rivets

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the truck mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, just need to know how to remove the front side panel so I can put the new one on

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
9/13/2017
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 11 months ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi my name is***** panels are attached by the rivets. You should be fine removing the rivets to replace your panel. Please post a picture of the panel you are replacing if you need more help with this.

Hi Dan,
I will get some photos of the truck and send them through tomorrow is that okay?
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 11 months ago

Sure. no rush. We can follow up as needed.

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 11 months ago

Thanks for the photos. You will want to jack the cab up in the service position for easier access to behind the panel to disconnect the headlight wiring and access any other support brackets, etc. How complete is the replacement panel? I am assuming you need to swap over all this to the new one once installed. I do not know the rivet size off the top of my head unfortunately but you should be able to match them up pretty easily.

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 11 months ago

Click this link

Fasteners