Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

Cummins isx. Yellow check eng light on. Scanner shows codes

Cummins isx. Yellow check eng light on. Scanner shows codes 2637-FMI 11 and 4214-FMI 1.
JA: What's the make/model/year of your truck? Engine type?
Customer: Peterbilt(###) ###-####cummins isx 450hp
JA: Are you fixing your truck yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes myself. Tryed forced regen from truck contr and tried regen from scanner
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Truck Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: K thanx
JA: Anything else you want the truck mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Replaced leaking EGR cooler about 15k miles ago

Hi my name is***** me check on these codes for you.

CODE REASON EFFECT

Fault Code: 4214
PID: Not Mapped
SPN: 5018
FMI: 1/18
LAMP: Amber
SRT:

Aftertreatment 1 Diesel Oxidation Catalyst System - Data Valid But Below Normal Operating Range - Moderately Severe Level

None on performance. Active aftertreatment diesel particulate filter regeneration will be disabled.

Fault Code: 2637
PID:
SPN: 5018
FMI: 11

Catalyst Face Plugged - Root Cause Not Known. The front face of the aftertreatment diesel oxidation catalyst has been detected to be plugged with soot.
Active aftertreatment diesel particulate filter regeneration will be disabled.
This fault code is set when the inlet face of the diesel oxidation catalyst is detected to be plugged with soot.

Possible causes of this fault code include:

Engine oil or fuel plugging the front face of the aftertreatment diesel oxidation catalyst

Fault Code: 4214
SPN: 5018
FMI: 18

erify that the ECM calibration is correct or updates that correct this fault
This fault code is logged when the temperature increase across the catalyst during an aftertreatment injection event is lower than expected.

Soot plugging the front face of the aftertreatment diesel oxidation catalyst
Engine oil or fuel contamination of the aftertreatment diesel oxidation catalyst
Cracked or contaminated aftertreatment diesel oxidation catalyst
Malfunction in the aftertreatment fuel injection system
Leaking exhaust system between the turbocharger and the diesel oxidation catalyst.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Any sugestions on where to start solving the prob? Truck is running good. No derate yet. Had the exhaust elbow between the doser pipe and flex pipe after the turbo break at the flange last week and replaced it so it "had" a exhaust leak. But code showed up today

The DOC will need to be addressed as it is face plugged with soot causing a restriction. Start there and service the DPF and try to run a successful regen.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok. Will pull it down and clean it tomorrow and get back to you

Keep in mind that replacement might be necessary if unsuccessful or if cracking is noted. Pleasure to help