Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have a freightliner argosy it was driving along and just…

Customer Question
I have a freightliner...

I have a freightliner argosy it was driving along and just selected neutral and that's where its been for two weeks.We have replaced xy shifter wiring harness, speed sensor, ecm ,checked for broken wires also checked input shaft clutch etc it still is in neutral any ideas???

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

2006 freightliner argosy 1fvjawav46l996428

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that's all i can think of

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
9/13/2017
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 9 months ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Please post the fault codes from the transmission TCM and the transmission model from the ID tag.

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 9 months ago

Click on this link to access the fault procedure and let me know what faults you have with the model info.

Troubleshooting

No fault codes at all
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 9 months ago

Did you use the procedure I posted to get codes from the shift controller?

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 9 months ago

What is on the shifter display after powering up?

Its an eaton autoshift gen 2 in an argosy with a smartshift paddle
Nothing it has a N on the dash display and doesnt change from that
The model is a 20918A
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 9 months ago

Thanks for the update When running through the code procedure did it display 25?

Fault Code Retrieval/Clearing
Retrieving Fault Codes
Retrieve fault codes by enabling self-diagnostic mode.
Note: Use a PC-based Service Tool, such as the ServiceRanger
to retrieve fault codes.
1. Place the Shift Lever in neutral.
2. Set the parking brake.
3. Turn the key on but do not start the engine. If the
engine is running, you may still retrieve codes;
however, do not engage the Starter if the engine
stalls.
4. To Retrieve Active Codes: Turn the key off and on 2
times within 5 seconds ending with the key on.
After 5 seconds, the Service light begins flashing
2-digit fault codes. If no faults are Active, the Service
light will flash Code 25 (no codes).
5. To Retrieve Inactive Codes: Start with the key on.
Turn key off and on 4 times within 5 seconds ending
with the key on. After 5 seconds, the Service
light begins flashing 2-digit fault codes. If no faults
are Active, the Service light will flash Code 25 (no
codes).
6. Observe the sequence of flashes on the Indicator
light and record the codes. A 1 to 2 second pause
separates each stored code, and the sequence
automatically repeats after all codes have been
flashed.

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 9 months ago

If no codes are logged it is either a software related issue or an internal mechanical issue since there are no codes.

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 8 months ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved?If so, Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.