Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

Wanted to know what the code SA 16 DTC P113711 is for on a…

Customer Question
Wanted to know what the...
Wanted to know what the code SA 16 DTC P113711 is for on a 2015 Volvo VNL630 and as well as SA 16 DTCP04DB00
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
9/11/2017
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 8 months ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi my name is***** you still need help with this?

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 8 months ago

Okay great. Let me see what I can pull up on these codes for you. What is the engine model in your truck?

Volvo D13
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 8 months ago

Crankcase Ventilation System: Disconnection
This OBD monitor diagnoses the crankcase ventilation system
by looking at the crankcase pressure sensor value. By comparing
the crankcase - to ambient pressure at two different states,
one where the speed of the CCV separator is “HIGH” and the
second where the speed of the CCV separator is “LOW”. The
upper and lower limits for the crankcase pressure are
established.
The separator malfunction is detected when CCV separator impeller
(shaft) sticks (does not spin) resulting in a pressure
above the upper limit.
The disconnected pipe malfunction is detected when the ventilator
tube from the valve cover to the separator device is disconnected
resulting in a pressure below the lower limit.
Both of these malfunctions will result in a DTC being set.
P04DB Crankcase Ventilation: Disconnected Pipe/Separator Monitor
DTC P04DB
Component /
System
Crankcase Ventilation - Disconnect
Monitor Strategy
Description
Disconnected ventilation hose or faulty separator unit.
Fault Limit Delta = (Delta Pressure High) - (Delta Presure Low); (Absolute Value) < 0.15 kPa
Delta Pressure = (Crankcase Pressure) - (Barometric Pressure)
Enable Conditions High Speed Conditions
• Oil Temperature > 30 °C
• Engine Run Time > 700s
• Oil Pressure 375 - 800 kPa
• Engine Torque > 95 Nm
• Ambient Air Temperature -8 - 55 °C
• Barometric Pressure 75 - 105 kPa
• Coolant Temperature > 65 °C
Low Speed Conditions
• Oil Temperature > 30 °C
• Engine Run Time > 700s
• Oil Pressure 100 - 280 kPa
• Engine Torque < 380 Nm
• Ambient Air Temperature -8 - 55 °C
• Barometric Pressure 75 - 105 kPa
• Coolant Temperature > 65 °C
Disable Conditions No Active DTC's:
• P01BB, P01B9, P0112, P2229, P051A, P051C, P051D, P051B, P0523, P0520
Time Required For
DTC To Be Set
18 seconds
MIL Illumination 2 Drive Cycles
Probable Causes See Tech Tool

Ok so that's understandable how about the P113711
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 8 months ago

What other symptoms are you having? I have to do some further digging on the 113117 code which may be informational and related to the other but I will need some time to look into it as its not showing in my current list

No symptoms that I can tell. It came on for a minute then when I restarted the truck it went away and then a week later it came back on. The crank case code comes on then after two drive cycles goes away. Then maybe after a couple of months comes back on. The 113711 was a first and now it's staying it seems like.
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 8 months ago

Thanks for the update. I will need some more time to look into that one as its not in my list if that is okay. We can follow up as needed.

That's fine I'll wait.
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 8 months ago

I am coming up empty on that last one. Im going to opt out in case another expert might have the listing for that one. Otherwise I would have to reach out to my vendor tomorrow.

Ok. If someone else can help that would be great. I'm not in a hurry just want the correct information so if you need to reach out that's fine.
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson