Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technician turned service manager on multiple lines of trucks and engines, used in industry.
30244710

We have hitachi 450 excavator seemed to run out of fuel

Customer Question

We have hitachi 450 excavator seemed to run out of fuel after cleaning the pre filter now it not starting and is acting its air locked... Please help we are in interior of Alaska!
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: ZX450LC SS# *****
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I know of
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER heavy equipment. With years of experience, I look forward to doing my best to help.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

If you open bleed screw past the primer pump, do you get fuel when priming? From the sound of it, you may have a blocked fuel line at tank, or up to the fuel strainer. Also could the fuel strainer you just cleaned be leaking, not letting the primer pump suck a vacuum?

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

All lines and components before the primer pump have to be vacuum tight and open. Everything after the primer is under pressure and would not cause this.