Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  Performed various automotive repairs on several light duty and medium duty vehicles over 15 years of service.
14928985

Stop engine light on with alarm, no engine lights on. The

Customer Question

Stop engine light on with alarm, no engine lights on. The DPF light flashed for about a minute, I pulled over to do a parked regen but the DPf light went off and red shutdown came on
JA: What's the make/model/year of your truck? Engine type?
Customer: 2012 international prostar with a junkforce engine
JA: Anything else you want the truck mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Maxforce
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

What has to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out to see what codes are set with this issue here.Once this is done the code(s) can be diagnosed to then locate and repair this fault.There should be at least one code set that will help to diagnose and repair this fault here.This may be related to the DPF filter or a DPF sensor at fault that has caused the warning lights as well as engine shut down issues.If you can get the codes and post the code info here this will help just let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete