Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

In the morning when I start the truck the secondary air

In the morning when I start the truck the secondary air system will fill up fast but the primary won't charge until secondary is fully charged. After that everything seems to be normal. The truck is a 2007 Freightliner Century Class S/T and the VIN# *****

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

That issue is caused by a sticking check valve in the air tanks on the secondary side. The aggravating part is in order to resolve it, the tank needs to be replaced because the valve is internal on the tanks. Thee is no external valve that controls that.

The tank needed is the wet/secondary tank. It has the check valve that is supposed to have equal pressure build between the tanks. Sometimes you can run air line cleaner or air line alcohol through the system to get debris out that would cause the tanks to do that, but in all the times I have had that issue, I have had maybe 1 out of 5 clear up that way. I had to replace more than not.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Thank you Jeremy. I will need you to guide me through the process of changing the air thank. Which one is it ? Do you know the part number ? Thank you!
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
I mean is the one on the driver side or on passenger side ? Thanks

It is usually the tank on the passenger side causing it, but there are a few time the driver causes it. On the passenger tank, there is a double check valve on the line on the front that goes to the wet tank. Check that valve and make sure it isn't sticking to one side. If so, replace it. If not, then replace the tank for it is the internal one doing it. Passenger side tank.