cumminsdr
cumminsdr, Mechanic
Experience:  All types of Cummins applications
28984014

2011 Cummins ISX Dies at random times. Codes 1911 and 3727

Customer Question

2011 Cummins ISXDies at random times.Codes 1911 and 3727 appear at the same time. We have changed the fuel pressure relief valve and have seen no improvement. What next?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  cumminsdr replied 1 month ago.
you will need to check for air on the system as well as fuel filters for a restriction.the fuel pump actuator can also cause this code make sure it ohms out less than 5 ohms but not less than zero.it can also cause the fuel pressure to deviate while running you need cummins insite to monitor the commanded and measured fuel psi. the pressure should not deviate more than 2900 psi at idle if it dose suspect the fuel pump actuator.there may also be an ecm update that addresses this fault.
Expert:  cumminsdr replied 1 month ago.
if you provide the engine serial number I can check for ecm updates.
Expert:  cumminsdr replied 1 month ago.

Do you still need assistance?

Expert:  cumminsdr replied 1 month ago.

Hi. Just following up Please don't forget to Rate/Accept my service