Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I am working on an international 4200 with a vt365 (6.0

Customer Question
powerstroke) in it. The truck...
I am working on an international 4200 with a vt365 (6.0 powerstroke) in it. The truck originally came in with a hard start issue. It did not matter if it was hot or cold but the only way to start it was with ether. A leak was found at the high pressure oil pump outlet along with metal shavings in the ipr screen. It was decided to pull the injectors for testing in addition to replacing the pump, ipr, branch tubes, and oil cooler. The icp would only read about 500 psi on cranking prior to the repairs regardless of command pressure. After repairs, the icp follows the desired pressure. The truck still has a starting problem that requires ether if it sits a while before running. I tested the ficm voltage at 48.2 volts and that stays about the same when cranking. All wiring seems to be in good shape from visual inspection.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
9/7/2017
Technician: Alex Olsen,
 replied 11 months ago
Alex Olsen

hi im alex, did the injectors test out good? how about the glowplug system?