Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  Performed various automotive repairs on several light duty and medium duty vehicles over 15 years of service.
14928985

I have lost my brake lights on a 1999 airstream cutter, I

Customer Question

I have lost my brake lights on a 1999 airstream cutter, I believe it is a freight liner xc chassis. turn lights and tail and 4 way all work. replaced the stop lite relay on the firewall left of the drivers side. The 3rd brake lite is not working Any help?
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: Airstream cutter, 35 ft. cat diesel pusher. Serial #4UZ6XJCAOXCF31139 BUILD date Jan 1999, XC chassis
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: OK, sounds good.
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

From what you have described here this can be a fault with the brake light switch itself.If this switch has failed it will cause no brake lights to all brake light assemblies like you see here.My info isnt showing where this switch is on your model for sure but usually most are either on a bracket above the brake pedal or at the brake master cylinder area.I have had to replace several of these brake switches for this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete