Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

Same problem as the other dude. Just wondering if I can get…

Customer Question
Same problem as the...

Same problem as the other dude. Just wondering if I can get a copy of those torque specs and procedures? Guess I know what I will be doing tomorrow.

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your truck? Engine type?

Lol

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your truck yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am a machinist for a sand and gravel company. I own my own motorcycle shop and have three or four different types/year/makes/models ect, ect, ect of trucks to work on. This particular engine is in a KW end dump. I don't have access to the serial number right now but it is a series 60 detroit.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Truck Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Kewl. Just looking for the procedures and torque specs. I can figure most of the rest out. Thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the truck mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of but Im a motorcycle mech trying to be a heavy truck mech...lol

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
9/6/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 11 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER heavy equipment. With years of experience, I look forward to doing my best to help.

TY. So I have a series 60 with almost exact same symptoms. I just need to get some procedures and torque specs to pop the tops and check the injectors.

If you have more than one engine brand to keep up with, I would think about joining a members only site for diesel engines. I use it weekly and it cost me $5 a month. Or you can get a guest membership for one month. They have all the manuals for Detroit , Cummins, Cat. etc, They don;t have everything, but most. Here is sire link.

No thanks the thread I found on here had the tech sending the PDF of the manual and the torques. Those are what I need.
Not the entire manual. Just in and out with the injectors.

OK< go to site and you can get the torque specs. For nothing.

I will opt out, I don't want to spend the time it takes to download, copy and then reattach, Sorry.

NO worries. Link is da bomb. Thanks

Thanks, ***** ***** to close the question.