Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  International and Isuzu trucks , International, Maxxforce, Cummins and Isuzu engines, Diagnostic and electrical troubleshooting specialist , Hvac and truck /trailer refrigeration troubleshooter
30303843

We have been having problems with our eaton fuller ultra

Customer Question

we have been having problems with our eaton fuller ultra shift and it leave us dead in the water when it goes out. We have a code 25.
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: ultra shift gen 3
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: This has happened before and when it does it just shuts down and wont shift into second and locks into 3 and it flashes fault codes 25 and 88
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: it seems to be when we are slowing down and when it trys to shift into second the rps go up and it locks into 3rd.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Andy replied 1 month ago.

Hi there . My name is ***** ***** Here is what 25 ansd 88 are ...

25 means no codes

88 is a self check of the display .

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y66mg41r1janwyw/fault.PNG?dl=0

Expert:  Andy replied 1 month ago.

Sounds to me like the ECU is losing power and resetting itself . I would start by going through the powers and grounds at the ECU on the tranny and load test them to make sure there is good strong current getting to the ECU .