Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  I am ASE Master Truck Certified.
30708357

I have a cat c7. just recently changed fuel water seperator

Customer Question

i have a cat c7. just recently changed fuel water seperator but did not fill it up with diesel. it started up ran for about 10 minutes i turned it off and four hours later it will not start. checked both fuel filters and they are empty of fuel. what happened?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 month ago.
Thanks for asking your question. I will try and help you out.
Unfortunately when dry filters are installed. The fuel system can get a large amount of air in the system.
I would try refilling the filters and starting the engine.
Some engines have a hand primer on them. If yours does, it will be on the engine and can be operated to remove the air.Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 month ago.
Hey. I just wanted to see how things were going. Please let me know if you need more help. I am happy to assist. If my information was helpful, please leave a good or higher rating so that I receive credit. Thanks.