Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

Tractor abs light on. Abs 136 is the code. Now I have to pay

Customer Question

Tractor abs light on. Abs 136 is the code. Now I have to pay somebody for advice right?
JA: What's the make/model/year of your truck? Engine type?
Customer: 2006 FL Columbia. 60 series detroit
JA: Are you fixing your truck yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes...truck fleet mech for 26 years. Now drive with own authority . I do not have modern diagnostic equipment to chase down problem.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Truck Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: Did self test on b pillar compartment. Abs check rocker switch.
JA: Anything else you want the truck mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that i can think of. Ty
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 month ago.

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

136 is telling you you have a issue with the ABS

but being a Mechanic you know that already

need to push the button to get what the code Is

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Well...i somehow cleared the code before i could count the "flashes' with The ABS check rocker switch. I then got fustrated and removed bulbs out of dash/guage assy. Or vdo. I ran out of time for a response from just answer. I will reinstall the bulbs at a later date and diagnose the situation further if the condition has presented itself again.
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 month ago.

Hi

Sorry for the delay , I go off line at 6 Pm CST

But do still check in

can you pull any codes ??

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I was charged $41. I was not going to wait 2 to 3 hours to wait for somebody to get back to me with an answer. So I pulled the light bulbs on the ABS warning lamps. I was not advised of a remedy to fix the scenario. Why was I charged $41? Please refund my money I was not given an answer to repair or resolve the problem.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I needed an answer while I was working on the truck. Not three hours later at just answers convenience.