Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

I HAVE A D9 VOLVO DIESEL ENGINE 2004. I CANNOT START MOTOR.

Customer Question

I HAVE A D9 VOLVO DIESEL ENGINE 2004. I CANNOT START MOTOR
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: YES 13.5 VOLTS AT NEW STARTER I CAN JUMP IT AT THE STARTER TO START MOTOR BUT I HAVE NO THROTTLE CONTROL..
JA: What is the model of your '04 Volvo?
Customer: D 9 MARINE DIESEL WITH ECM CONTROL
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I RECEIVED A BAD SHIFT CODE. I REPLACED THE SHIFT AND IT STARTED 20 TIMES. A WEEK LATER IT WILL NOT START. I SWITCHED THE KEY IGNITION WITH THE PORT KEY IT STARTED 5 TIMES AND THE STOPPED . I THEN REPLACED THE STARTER AND ALL CONNECTIONS. NO LUCK
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: COULD THIS BE AN ECM ISSUE?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

That sounds like the ECM is powering down.

Do you have PTT software to check the ECM and see what it is showing?

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy