Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have a 99 international 4700 with the T444E. I need to…

Hello. I have a 99...
Hello. I have a 99 international 4700 with the T444E. I need to change out the y pipes at the back of the turbo. It looks like a. Wry tight clearance where they connect to the manifold. What are the steps to get this job done ? Thanks.
8/20/2017
Daniel Wilson

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. The best way to gain better access is through the doghouse in the cab. Remove the dog house you will be able to access the Y pipe better. Let me know if you need more help. The rest is pretty straight forward with the R and R with basic mechanical ability and tools. Let me know

I wish there was a doghouse. This truck doesn't have one. So I will be able to get at the bolts ? Cause right now the left side looks almost impossible. Should I remove the turbo ?

Hi Tim. Sorry for the delay. Im on EST and logged out shortly after my post. Yes if there is no doghouse sometimes it makes it easier to remove the turbo and it always helps to have the truck steer tires on some blocking for extra clearance to work around from underneath. Let me know how you make out or if you run into any further complications and I will be glad to help.

Daniel Wilson