Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have Truck Repair Questions? Ask an Expert

Medium and Heavy Trucks

I have an American Heritage Coach. It is a 2015. I noticed

that one of the wheels...
I have an American Heritage Coach. It is a 2015. I noticed that one of the wheels on the tag axle has oil or a lubricant leaking down on to the wheel as I drive. It is a considerable amount of fluid. Can you tell me what it is, does it effect braking, where do I refill what is leaking and how much is it to fix the problem
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: Model is a Heritage 45T and the VIN is 4uzfcgbg3ecbg5453
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, that is my current concern
8/19/2017
spankyjr1
spankyjr1, Journeyman

Hi, my name is ***** ***** for your question.I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Sorry for long delay

If fluid is leaking on the outside of wheel it is the hub gasket leaking

if oil is leaking on inside of wheel it is the wheel seal leaking

the oil keeps the wheel bearings lubed and prevents overheating of the bearings

either one is a simple job and any truck shop or truck stop with a shop can make the repair

expect to pay under $200 for either repair for parts and labor

1 hour labor for hub gasket

and 1.5 hours for a wheel seal replace

Normal braking may be reduced some but nothing bad enough to stop your trip,, the longer it goes the more chance you have of burning up wheel bearings and making a bigger mess, if it goes to long brake linings will need to be replaced from oil saturation at additional cost.

Get repaired at earliest convenience

If you had a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not).
You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will
not credit me. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen. To rate, you must select the star you wish and also confirm it. Please let me know if you run into
any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate
spanky's service _______" and fill in the blank.
Please note that our question sessions never close out, so if you need to come back later down the road with follow up questions to the issue, you can do so at any time,
even after putting through a rating.

Thanks

spanky

spankyjr1
spankyjr1, Journeyman

Thank you for the positive rating very much appreciated.
Please come back again you may ask for me if you like.
Take care
spanky

spankyjr1
spankyjr1
spankyjr1, Journeyman