Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

The truck started fine this morning. The engine brake wasn't…

Customer Question
The truck started fine this...
The truck started fine this morning. The engine brake wasn't working so we pulled a few fuses to see if that was the problem and now it won't start after we put the fuses back in. Any suggestions?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
8/6/2017
Technician: Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert replied 11 months ago
Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Thanks for asking your question. I will try and help you out.
What engine do you have in your truck? Is it a Cat?
3408 cat
Thanks for the information.
Do you have the engine serial number? Or know the year model?
1995 Kenworth vin 1NKNLE9XXSS643505
Grain Truck
Thanks for the information.
Does the yellow check engine light come on when the key is turned to the on position?
no
Thanks for the information.
It should come on every time the key is turned on. When it does not. There are only two reasons why.
First is no power to the ecm.
Second is the ecm has failed.
Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.
ok I will check that
10-4. Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.