Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have a 2003 International 9200i, truck would start after…

Customer Question
I have a 2003 International...
I have a 2003 International 9200i, truck would start after sitting an extended period of time but as it warms up it would cut off and not restart immediately, it can restart anywhere from 15 min- hours later but never immediately. When it cuts off the engine warn light comes on. My scanner comes back with code 255 for fuel solenoid circuit. could a bad fuel solenoid cause this?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
8/6/2017
Technician: Wayne, Journeyman replied 11 months ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

what you are describing is a faulty fuel shut off solenoid

what happens it gets hot and the coil opens, and drops power

I suggest to replace that

I hope this helps you

Hi. If this helped you

Please rate my answer 3 or more stars.

That is the only way I get credit for the question

or the money you paid stays at JA and I get nothing for my time.

If you need more info use the REPLY button

Not the Poor/Bad service.

Morning Just following up with you did my answer help you ?? Please remember to rate my answer or the money you paid stays at JA and I get nothing for my time Wayne