Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

Second opinion] I have a 2009 f150 the door locks are

Customer Question

Second opinion] I have a 2009 f150 the door locks are constantly cycling while going down the road or vehicle just setting still
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  ][\][iCk0411 replied 2 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer! My name is ***** ***** I can start to help you today.

I wanted to start with some questions regarding your issue, Can you tell me what you have tried so far?

Does both the door switches work okay? Replaced them yet?

How about your Remotes? Do they till work, or ever been replaced?

There is a lot of possible causes of this failure but I wanted to start with all the basic possibilities because more often than not, that is the solution.

Let me know what you can, thank you for the opportunity to help you today.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Both door switches work fine. I have only use one of the remotes since. I have two, since this has started I removed the battery out of the remote that I was using and put a new battery in the other one and started using it.

Thank you for your patience I must apologize for the delay in response.

I would recommend a process of elimination to make sure it is not a simple fix before getting into anything else complicated. I would disconnect each of he lock switches one at a time to make sure it isn't a faulty switch. If it still tries to lock while driving after you have eliminated each of the switches then I would move onto inspecting the wiring harnesses from the switches all the way into the dash, pay close attention to where the harness pivots through the door hinge. Most likely spot for the wire to rub, or break in that area.

If all that looks good then you are into a "Smart Board" which is located in the dash.

Let me know if your able to inspect any of these elements before we move onto the more complicated repairs.

Thanks,