Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

Ii am looking to move jakes and cruise controls. Back to the

Customer Question

Ii am looking to move jakes and cruise controls. Back to the dash from the smart wheel. Can this be done Mine is a 98 w900l. May need a harness and switches. If i get a vin# ***** a 99 with dash switches would that harness work on this truck to convert the process?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Truck Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: Ok
JA: Anything else you want the truck mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that should be it
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Im a lot of cases your truck may already have the harness installed with the connectors empty behind the dash. If you have access to the other truck I recommend inspecting the wiring harness plugs and the wire numbers for the dash switch truck and then looking in your truck to see if those wire numbers and plugs are already in your truck. If so you may only need the switches themselves and possibly some programming in the ECM if they do not function plug and play. Let me know