Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

2007 International 4300 DT466 VIN:1HTMMAANX8H552532 I am…

Customer Question
2007 International 4300 DT466 VIN:1HTMMAANX8H552532I am...
2007 International 4300 DT466
VIN:1HTMMAANX8H552532I am having trouble finding the correct valve cover gasket/harness. My engine has 2 ICP sensors and a engine brake solenoid on the oil rail under the valve cover. The gasket/harness (1842380C95) that I received from my International parts supplier does not have the connections for one of the ICP sensors and the engine brake solenoid. A part number for the correct gasket/harness would be helpful.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/3/2017
Technician: Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician replied 11 months ago
Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician
Experience: International and Isuzu trucks , International, Maxxforce, Cummins and Isuzu engines, Diagnostic and electrical troubleshooting specialist , Hvac and truck /trailer refrigeration troubleshooter

Hi there ! My name is ***** ***** Did you give them the vin number when picking up your gasket ? If so , they would have known from the VIN number that this unit is equipped with an engine retarder . Unless the retarder was added to the truck after being built .

the engine brake was added after.

I will try and look this up

I am sorry but I tried to get that number for you . Unfortunately I've had no luck with this and have exhausted all my resources. I will opt out and let someone else try and help you .

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 11 months ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi my name is***** brand and model retarder/engine brake was installed on your engine? There are several aftermarket options available for this engine.

Diamond Logic Engine Brake. Also not 2 ICP sensors, one ICP and one BCP.
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 11 months ago

Thanks for the update Give me some time to look into this for you..

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 11 months ago

They gave you the one without the engine brake option. Did they tell you they can not exchange it for the one with engine brake?

They said they couldn't find the part number because it would not show up with the VIN I gave them.
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 11 months ago

Can you upload a picture of the current gasket? Are there any numbers etched into the existing gasket?

It is still on the vehicle right now. I don't see any numbers on the incorrect new gasket.
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 11 months ago

I wont be able to dig into this further until Monday unfortunately if that is okay with you since all my vendors are closed for the weekend.

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 11 months ago

Hi Sheldon, Did you get this resolved?