][\][iCk0411
][\][iCk0411, Fleet Manager
Experience:  310T Red Seal- Truck and Coach Technician
12570002

We have a NAVISTAR 4300 and would like to install a back-up

Customer Question

We have a NAVISTAR 4300 and would like to install a back-up camera. DO you have any recommended systems?
JA: Is this an aftermarket camera, or did it come with the vehicle?
Customer: The truck does not have a camera currently
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: I was a 2012 NAVISTAR 4300
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We would like to install the camera ourselves.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  ][\][iCk0411 replied 2 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer! My name is ***** ***** I can help you. I have purchased several different back up camera systems for different truck applications. If you don't mind I would like to ask some further questions so we can get you into the best camera for your budget.

What do you haul with your Navistar? Mostly city or highway driving?

Are you looking for the most basic back up camera for the cheapest or perhaps a multi camera capable system, these are more popular in vocational and city delivery when it could be more of a tool. Let me know your thoughts of what you need it for and I will have some good solutions for you to check out.

Thank you for the opportunity to help today!

Hello, I wanted to follow up with your question. To get you started I will recommend my favorite camera system.

If you want just a basic back up camera just fr that operation then Federal Signal sells a basic kit. See link: https://www.grainger.com/product/FEDERAL-SIGNAL-Back-Up-Camera-System-45TP12?s_pp=false&picUrl=//static.grainger.com/rp/s/is/image/Grainger/45TP12_AS01?$smthumb$

For something that would cover backing, as well as dash cam and 360 overhead capable. I have installed lot of these depending on the application to help and protect the driver and truck owners alike. This can record real time events and be replayed from a usb drive, or cord. https://brigade-electronics.com

Let me know if you have any other questions. Otherwise, I would appreciate a rating of my services. As an expert we are compensated upon your rating.

Thank you for the opportunity to help you today!

Good Day!

I wanted to check in to see if you had an opportunity to check out any of my suggestions? The question remains open until you accept the answer and rate my service. My goal is to give you five star service so please let me know if you have any further questions to get your satisfaction to that level.

Have yourself an excellent remainder of your weekend!