Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  Performed various automotive repairs on several light duty and medium duty vehicles over 15 years of service.
14928985

Ac quit blowing cold today. 2000 Pete 379 Cummins n14,

Customer Question

Ac quit blowing cold today.
JA: What's the make/model/year of your truck? Engine type?
Customer: 2000 Pete 379 Cummins n14
JA: Are you fixing your truck yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Cleaned filter inside cab. Checked to see if breakers were thrown
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Truck Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: Ok
JA: Anything else you want the truck mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the fan is still blowing but the issue is no cold air this issue can be caused by a leak in the freon system causing freon to leak out.It may also be a faulty ac pressure sensor or ac compressor in some cases.

The fault codes need checked to see if any codes are set to help see if this is a pressure sensor or another electrical issue.Once this is done any codes set need diagnosed.I would have the freon level checked as well to see if it is found to be low on freon and if low then a leak needs checked for and repaired then the freon refilled.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete