Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technician turned service manager on multiple lines of trucks and engines, used in industry.
30244710

I have a 2015 new holland t4.120 replaced oil and filter

Customer Question

I have a 2015 new holland t4.120 replaced oil and filter also replaced primary and water/fuel filter primed system in cranked will stay running but when u turn it off try starting it again it want start until I prime system again. Any suggestions?
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: Don't have serial number handy at the moment but 2015 new holland t4.120
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No ma'am
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 months ago.

your primary filter is not sealing, allowing air to enter when running, and letting fuel leak back when engine is off, causing you to have to reprime. Check the filter closest to the tank and the lines to it.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK thanks and can I take filter off and reseal same filter? The filters not cheap and I half to other more if I can't do that. The water/fuel filter is closest to the tankle then the primary filter
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Order new filter not other

Check it for tightness and if the seal was cut. Did you save the old seal?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The old seals are on the old filters still have them. They aren't o-ring seals but on top of filter

You did check that old seal was off and new filter gasket didn't stack on top of it?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
made sure of that

Are the bleed screws tight?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
sir only one bleed screw at filters and its tight. Haven't looked and seen any at injectors or loosened any others
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Went with what the my book told me to do

No, leak has to be at the primary or lines to it.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK thanks for your time and response I'll check primary filter tomorrow and lines

OK>