Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

Thank you, this evening my 2009 Pete has the isx engine i…

Customer Question
Hi and thank you...

Hi and thank you, ***** ***** my 2009 Pete has the isx engine i was climbing

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old the engine is? And has it done anything like this in the past?

A routine quarry hill when it immediately lost power shut off I started it back up but

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Rpm range was limited that it may shut off again I pull it a little ways to complete the grade it did but still would not go back to

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Regular power first it shut down bout 1800

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have the isx engine
Lost power while pulling
Grade dropped and shut off started it again but power very low
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok you are replying didn't see it in my statements before this is my first time using this
Process
So yeah I might attempt to do this my self
The motor never done anything like this
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Any suggestions
8/2/2017
Technician: Pete, Automotive Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Pete, Automotive Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If you have not replaced the fuel filter if this filter is clogged this can cause this type of fault here.I would replace the fuel filter to see if this resolves the fault.If the issue then continues what has to be done is to have the fault codes read out/checked with a compatible scan tool/computer to see what codes are set in all computers.There should be at least one code set that needs to be diagnosed to then locate and repair this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Technician: Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician replied 1 year ago
Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician
Experience: International and Isuzu trucks , International, Maxxforce, Cummins and Isuzu engines, Diagnostic and electrical troubleshooting specialist , Hvac and truck /trailer refrigeration troubleshooter
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uea0bk2og19fs1u/2017%20owners%20manual%20NPR%20US.pdf?dl=0
Copy and paste this link to your browser address bar

Please disregard last few posts . They somehow ended up on the wrong question !

If there is anything else I can help with here let me know.

Thanks Pete