Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

2008 HINO 185 P2002. Can any one help with this. replaced…

Customer Question
2008 HINO 185 P2002 .Can...
2008 HINO 185 P2002 .Can any one help with this cod.replaced the DPF filter and sensors and still getting this code. ANY HELP
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
IF YOU CAN'T HELP PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND WILL GO ELSE WHERE TO GET HELP.. IT'S BEEN 24 HRS NO ANSWERS YET
Answered in 1 day by:
8/3/2017
Technician: Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician replied 8 months ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience: ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

For some reason, this was in the Toyota category and was moved over to medium truck.

All you did was replace the filter? Did you use the Hino Explorer and do a regen on the truck to get the code to clear? If not, that needs to be done next. If you are still getting the code because you did that, then look at the turbo outlet pressure. There is a good chance that the turbo has sticking vanes and not getting the heat high enough for the regen to complete properly which will cause this code.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Thank you for the return response but we sent it to the dealer and they cleared the code and all is good now.. My software would not clear the code... paid $6000.00 and still can't fix the Hino's..
Thanks for your time and effort

I use Hino Explorer only for them. It is very expensive software...

I will send to customer service for you.

Jeremy
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician