Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

Ran my d8800 out of water to240f did this hert it, this is a…

Customer Question
Ran my d8800 out...

Ran my d8800 out of water to240f did this hert it

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

This is a marine set up in a tug boat heat exchanger for engine raw water though tube buddle

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Found a broken hose to block heater refilled with water for now seems to be ok running around 180f

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

What should I check for to see if there is no damage?

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
8/1/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 1 year ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Just watch the coolant level and if it may show signs of overheat. And changing the thermostat after an overheat is recommended, as the overheat can damage the internal parts of the thermostat. And watch for any sign of water in the oil, which always show up first at the oil filler cap, or dipstick tube as a grey gunk.