Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

Vin#EJ400705 Paccar MX13 have fault code P1514 can you get

Customer Question

Vin#EJ400705 Paccar MX13 have fault code P1514 can you get me trouble shooting please my system doesn't not have it for this code
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Wayne replied 2 months ago.

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

give me a few to look it up

Expert:  Wayne replied 2 months ago.

HI

The Throttle Actuator Control (TAC) system uses vehicle electronics and components to calculate and control the position of the throttle blade. This eliminates the need for a mechanical cable attachment from the accelerator pedal to the throttle body. This system also performs the cruise control functions as well. The TAC system components include, but are not limited to the following: - The accelerator pedal position (APP) sensors - The throttle body - The powertrain control module (PCM) Each of these components interface together to ensure accurate calculations and control of the throttle position (TP). Throttle Body Assembly The throttle body for the throttle actuator control (TAC) system is similar to a conventional throttle body with several exceptions. One exception being the use of a motor to control the throttle position instead of a mechanical cable. Another exception is the throttle position (TP) sensor. The TP sensor is mounted in the throttle body assembly. The TP sensor is 2 individual TP sensors within the throttle body assembly. Two separate signal, low reference, and 5-volt reference circuits are used to connect the TP sensors and the powertrain control module (PCM). TP sensor 2 signal voltage increases as the throttle opens. TP sensor 1 signal voltage decreases as the throttle opens.

I hope this helps you

Hi. If this helped you

Please rate my answer 3 or more stars.

That is the only way I get credit for the question

or the money you paid stays at JA and I get nothing for my time.

If you need more info use the REPLY button

Not the Poor/Bad service.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
This is not a throttle body code
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Something about after-treatment injector
Expert:  Wayne replied 2 months ago.

HI

I am sorry

I do not have that code

don't reply or rate me

question locks back to me

Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Give me some time to look up your code information. Also if interested I can help with a troubleshooting manual for this engine as well.

P1514
Code number
P1514
Fault code description
Emission control system Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) dosing fault detected
Fault code information
1 trip MIL 3 drive cycle recovery Readiness group – None
Freeze frame type - Crankcase
Description of component(s)
Not available/required for this code
Location of component(s)
Not available/required for this code
Diagnostic condition
Not available/required for this code
Set condition of fault code
This DTC is activated by another active DTC.
Reset condition of fault code
This DTC becomes inactive as soon as the DTC from which it originates has become inactive.
Electrical diagram(s)
Not available/required for this code
Technical data
Not available/required for this code
Possible causes
Do not troubleshoot this DTC since it originates from another active DTC.
Additional information
P1514 is a diesel engine fluid operator interface (DEFOI) tampering category trouble code, activated by the occurrence and persistence of another code
.
Diagnostic Step-by-Step
The ignition should always be in the OFF position when connecting or disconnecting electrical components to reduce the likelihood of damage to the components.
 This troubleshooting procedure is based on the assumption that supply power and ground to the PMCI are functioning properly.
 Disconnecting the PMCI connectors during the troubleshooting process will result in multiple errors.
 Specific electrical component information and pin out locations are provided in this procedure as a reference only. Always refer to the technical data sections in Rapido for the most up-to-date changes.
 It is necessary to use DAVIE to clear all current trouble codes from the PCI and EAS-3 ECUs, and then run the Quick Check to identify a change in fault status.
 This DTC can be set as a result of multiple failure modes. For proper fault isolation, complete all troubleshooting steps in the sequence provided.
Step 1. Investigate Related Trouble Codes
2013 PACCAR MX Diagnostic Service Manual 282 | P a g e
P1514 is a diesel engine fluid operator (DEFOI) tampering category trouble code, activated by the occurrence and persistence of another code. Step P1514_1.A Investigate related trouble codes SRT:
To resolve P1514, investigate any of these related active codes:
P3808; P3809; P3810; P3812; P3813; P3814; P3830; P3844; P3845; P3846; P3847; P3848; P3856; P3857; P3858; P3859; P3862; P3890; P3904; P3905; P3909; P3912; P3978; P3980; P3985; P3986; P3994; P3996
Step 2. Repair Verification Cycles
Perform these repair verification cycles following any corrective actions taken, to confirm that this trouble code is no longer present.
Step P1514_2.A Verification Drive Cycle: Start-up SRT:
With the brakes set, start the engine and allow it to run at idle for 2 minutes.
Step 3. Contact PACCAR Engine Support Center Step P1514_3.A Contact PACCAR Engine Support Center SRT:
For further assistance in diagnosing this issue or for confirmation prior to the replacement of suspect components, contact the PACCAR Engine Support Call Center at 1-***-***-****.

Check for other faults as this is an informational code as you see that results from another code or problem. Let me know

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No other fault codes are present and doesn't seem like this is the correct troubleshooting

How can it not be correct when I took it out of the MX 13 manual

Click this link and check for yourself. I took a screen snapshot

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
This seems to be just description of the fault my troubleshooting is by Paccar but does not have this code for troubleshooting

Click below.... this is the manual I have

That is because this fault is initiated by another fault and if you have this code without another fault it points to a software issue. Reflash and update your ECM software to reset it to factory settings.

"Possible causes
Additional information
P1514 is a diesel engine fluid operator interface (DEFOI) tampering category trouble code, activated by the occurrence and persistence of another code"

Screenshot 1

screenshot 2

screenshot 3

Reset and update the ECM software and let me know if you need further help.

Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 month ago.

Hi, Did you get this resolved?If so, Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.